The college application process can be daunting – which is why we seek to guide students and parents every step of the way. Our comprehensive College Counseling program assists with everything from test preparation to visit planning to application processing. We make sure that all deadlines are met, and all questions answered. Ultimately our goal is to match each girl with the colleges or universities that best suit her talents, interests, and abilities.
Contact our Director of College Counseling, Earl Macam.
At Chatham, every student actively participates in the college preparation process. Students meet frequently with a college counselor and attend a college prep class that meets once a week for a full academic year (from December of the junior year through November of the senior year).
Some components of the college prep class and college counseling process include:
- PSAT preparation and results analysis
- SAT and ACT registration, preparation, and practice
- Tours of area colleges and universities
- Self-discovery exercises and analysis related to college and career choices
- Essay-writing practice (in conjunction with English classes)
- Planning and maximizing college visits
- Meeting representatives of colleges who visit Chatham Hall
- Evaluating pros and cons of Early Decision/Early Action